The Benefits of Moving to Mitcham
Mitcham is a suburban area located in the south-west of London, England. With its beautiful parks, excellent transport links, and diverse community, it is no surprise that more and more people are considering moving to Mitcham. In this blog post, we will explore the benefits of moving to Mitcham and why it is an excellent place to call home. Excellent, let’s get started.
- Beautiful Parks and Green Spaces One of the most significant benefits of moving to Mitcham is the abundance of green spaces. Mitcham Common, which covers over 460 acres, is the largest of the green spaces in the area. It is perfect for walking, cycling, and horse riding, and it even has a golf course. There are also other parks, including Canons Park and Morden Hall Park, which offer beautiful natural surroundings for relaxing and exercising.
- Excellent Transport Links Mitcham has excellent transport links, making it easy to get around. Mitcham Junction station connects to central London, with trains to Victoria taking just 20 minutes. The area is also served by several bus routes, including the 118, which takes you to Brixton and the 201, which takes you to Morden. For those who prefer to drive, Mitcham is close to major roads, including the A23 and the M25.
- Diverse Community Mitcham has a diverse community, with people from different backgrounds and cultures living in the area. This diversity creates a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere, with plenty of opportunities to experience different cultures and traditions. There are also several places of worship in the area, including mosques, churches, and temples, catering to a wide range of religious beliefs.
- Affordable Housing Compared to other areas of London, housing in Mitcham is relatively affordable. Whether you are looking for a house or a flat, there are plenty of options available to suit different budgets. This affordability makes it an attractive option for first-time buyers and families looking for a place to call home.
- Local Amenities Mitcham has plenty of local amenities, including shops, restaurants, and cafes. The area is home to several supermarkets, including Sainsbury’s, Lidl, and Morrisons, making it easy to do your grocery shopping. There are also plenty of places to eat out, with a wide range of cuisines available, including Indian, Chinese, and Italian.
In conclusion, Mitcham is an excellent place to call home, especially if you are to overlook some of the less than aesthetically pleasing attributes in favour of cheaper housing. With its beautiful parks, excellent transport links, diverse community, affordable housing, and local amenities, it offers a high quality of life for its residents. Whether you are looking for a quiet suburban retreat or a lively community, Mitcham has something to offer everyone.
Read about our Mitcham Removals Service