Top 10 Mistakes to Avoid When Moving House
Moving to your new home can be what you’ve thought and dreamed about for years. You may be moving to an avenue you’ve always wanted to live in, or perhaps a house with a garden big enough for your ambitions. It’s one of life’s special events.
Needless to say, however, moving house is one of the most stressful things you can do. If everything goes right, you’ll be exhausted but happy. If something goes wrong, on the other hand, it can get your adventure at the new house off to the wrong start. Our job is to make things perfect for you.
At Grants Removals we have many years of experience at making the process as painless and enjoyable as possible. Over time we’ve helped hundreds of families with their moves and noticed a lot of the mistakes they tend to make. We don’t want you to make the same mistakes, so here is the first of our ten very important pointers on what we hope you won’t be doing on the big day!
Mistake 2 – You Try To Do Everything Yourself
- You won’t be able to accurately estimate the volume of furniture and belongings you have; at Grants Removals, we do it every day of the week and can give you an extremely accurate idea of the weight and volume of your belongings
- You don’t have the experience of fitting items efficiently into a limited amount of space (such as a van)
- You also will most likely not know the best way of quickly tucking items away so that they don’t rub against (and damage) each other while in transit
- You won’t know how to safely lift and move awkward and heavy items, and could risk injury
- You probably won’t have the range of specialist moving equipment and packing supplies you need
- You won’t have the objectivity needed to be able to pack away your treasured possessions efficiently without having long nostalgia breaks
Take our advice: drop us a line and get Grants Removals, a name you can trust, to help. We’ll talk to you, work out how much you have that needs to be moved, and take things from there. We’ll make sure you have enough boxes and packing materials, we’ll plan out the best route to take, so that you don’t end up trying to navigate through narrow streets in a large van — something you would be likely not to think of if you did everything yourself — and then we’ll give you a written quotation of what we’d charge you.
Our company motto is “We go the extra mile to make you smile” and it’s a motto we take very seriously. When you consider the day of your move and think about how much stress you’re going to be under, relax as you picture Grants Removals moving your treasured possessions safely and securely.
“If I had a pound for every time a customer has said to me ‘I’m so glad we didn’t try to do this ourselves’ I’d be a very rich man! Moving house is tough enough without wanting to do everything yourself. My advice? Leave it to the professionals.”